1. After downloading the main theme file cuckoolove_***.zip you should extract it.
2. After zip file extraction you’ll see CuckooLove folder.
3. Inside CuckooLove folder you’ll find two theme installation files and Readme folder.
CUCKOOLOVE.ZIPThis is the main theme installation file. Use it for theme installation via WordPress dashboard. Unzipped theme files can be used when installing theme via ftp.
CUCKOOLOVE-CHILD.ZIPInstallable CuckooLove Child theme zip file. File can be used for theme installation via WordPress dashboard.
README FOLDERText file inside this folder contains important theme registration and activation instructions, link to theme online documentation.
Theme Installation via WordPress Dashboard
Minimal CuckooLove WordPress Theme Requirements: WordPress 4.0 and PHP 5.4 or greater.
Enter CuckooCore activation code and click Activate button to register your theme. One activation code can be used for one theme installation.
Don’t have a code? Please send us your theme purchase information and we’ll send you CuckooCore activation code.
Navigate to CuckooCore → Plugins and activate other recommended plugins: CuckooPlugins and Revolution Slider. Activate WooCommerce plugin only if you plan to use theme as E-Shop.
Important! Only activated plugins demo content will be imported during demo installation.
Theme Preflight Settings
Before beginning to use CuckooLove theme you need to make some settings adjustments. This will guarantee that our theme will function as fully-fledged instrument for your purposes.
LoginLog in to your WordPress Administration Panel (Dashboard) to setup your theme settings. Remember to save your changes after each dashboard screen editing.
Reading Settings1. Navigate to Settings → Reading;
2. Set Front Page Displays to Your Latest Posts. This will allow you to display Homepage Builder elements in your site’s homepage;
3. Set For each article in a feed, show Summary. Then blog posts will display intro text added via excerpt panel. Here you can also configure number of posts you want to display in your Blog, Search and Archive pages.
WordPress offers you the ability to create a custom URL structure for your permalinks and archives. This can improve the aesthetics, usability, and forward-compatibility of your links.
We recommend to use Post name for CuckooLove theme URL structure.
If theme is used as E-Shop, remember to setup WooCommerce thumbnail size settings before using the theme.